Location: Boston, Massachusetts
MICHAEL J. DURAN
Mike Duran is a partner at Milligan Rona Duran & King LLC and manages the firm’s Colorado practice. He practices in both Massachusetts and Colorado.
Mike focuses on real estate development, land use, lending, foreclosure, venture capital, real estate litigation, commercial litigation, and bankruptcy litigation. In all aspects of his law practice Mike zealously protects his client’s rights. His clients include individuals, businesses, municipalities, and non-profits from Colorado’s Front Range to the Western Slope of the Rocky Mountains.
Prior to joining Milligan Rona, Mike worked for Rider & Quesenberry, LLP, a law firm that served as the court appointed Receiver for Valley Mortgage, Inc. (In Re: Valley Mortgage, Inc., No. 10-19101-SBB), a multi-million dollar real estate based Ponzi scheme. Mike has significant experience pursuing UFTA claw-back claims in state courts, federal district courts, and bankruptcy courts.
During his undergraduate years, Mike ski raced for Boston College, where he earned USCSA Academic All American status, and served as a Team Co-captain in his senior year. He then attended the University of Minnesota Law School. Mike spent his final semester attending CU Boulder as a visiting law student. While there, Mike served as an assistant coach of the CU Varsity Ski Team.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts
- Major: English / Philosophy
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association
- Pitkin County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Stevens Littman Biddison Tharp & Weinberg, LLC, Associate
- Rider & Quesenberry, LLP, Associate
- Kaplan Strangis and Kaplan P.A., Law Clerk
Pro Bono Activities
- Corporate Counsel to USA Ski Cross, a 501(c)(3) Public Charity Based in Aspen